RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Participants registering for this festival should be within the age group of 18 to 30. The rest of the crew may be of any age.
- All Short films participating for the ASMITA SHORT FILM COMPETITION – 2016 should be 10 min (max) in duration including the opening and end credits and should have been produced between 1st October 2015 to 10th February 2016.
- Topic for this edition of ASMITA SHORT FILM COMPETITION – 2016 is ‘Relationship’.
- The Last Date for Online Registration for ASMITA SHORT FILM COMPETITION – 2016 is 10th Feb 2016.
- Participants are required to pay Rs.510/- as registration fee by clicking the link mentioned at the end of the page
- Submit the film in full HD resolution or above in H264 MP4 format. No other format will be accepted
- Entries must be in PAL format only. NTSC is NOT accepted. Festival Management will not be responsible if the film is not screened due to any problem with the DVD.
- Entries of all Short films (hereafter collectively called Films) shall be accepted only in DVD format. (Each Preview DVD should be labeled with the title, running-time and Registration number).
- There shall be only one category in the festival: Short film (Fiction)
- Using stock footage should be done judiciously with a duration not exceeding 10 to 12 sec max. If it is found that stock footage is used unfairly to enhance the look of the film or any other reason, then such film will be disqualified.
- It is mandatory to subtitle all regional or foreign language films in English.
- Films can be entered by individual or group.
- Selection of films entered in ASMITA SHORT FILM COMPETITION – 2016 will be done by a committee whose decision will be final. However, festival authorities reserve the right to accept or reject any film that is likely to offend sentiments, feelings or sensibilities of any caste, community, religion and sect or is likely to promote racism or ill will in the society.
- ASMITA would be allowed to use all photographs and publicity materials received along with the entries and the same will not be returned to the entrants.
- DVDs submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after submission.
The short films will be evaluated for the following categories
- Direction & Script – 20 Marks
- Cinematography – 20 Marks
- Editing & Sound Design – 20 Marks
- Art Direction & Location – 20 Marks
- Casting & Performance – 20 Marks
- Teams can submit single or multiple entries, but for each entry they will be required to register online separately and pay a separate entry fee.
- Films once selected and submitted for the final screening will not be allowed to be withdrawn under any circumstances, until the Festival is over.
- Participation in the Festival implies acceptance of these Rules & Regulations.
Important For Submission:
- DVD Submission Last Date – 10th February 2016
- The ASMITA SHORT FILM COMPETITION – 2016 is not responsible for lost, damaged, misdirected, postage due, stolen, or misappropriated DVD entries.
- Participants will also be required to upload their film in ASMITA youtube account with privacy setting, the Id and password for the same will be provided later.
- The competition is open for aspiring filmmakers as well as students.
- The final screening and awarding of film will be held in Kamala Theatre, Vadapalani, Chennai on 13th February 2016 and will be attended by well known celebrities from the Film Industry.
- The ASMITA SHORT FILM COMPETITION – 2016 will send the applicant online receipt | acknowledgement for the entry received.
Following points must be checked before submission of entry:
- Copy of DVD of the film with Registration No.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org – Information Form (download here)
- Email to email@example.com – Soft Copy of Working Stills (minimum two, 4×6 Size ) – Mention your Registration No.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org – Film Poster Soft Copy (A4 size) – Mention your Registration No.
NOTE: Festival office will confirm delivery of films which are included in your confirmation email & contact number.
Please send your film entry by courier to:
17A, Pasumpon Muthuramalingam Street, Rajaji Colony, Saligramam, Chennai-600 093.
www.asmitaedu.org | Email: email@example.com | Ph: 044-23455796